Niagara Falls!

We went to Niagara Falls!  I have wanted to go there for years.  And when we got there, it was just as gorgeous and amazing as the pictures always make it look!IMG_3100

The first thing we did was the Maid of the Mist boat tour.  Jace was adorable in his little blue poncho.  Jace wasn’t thrilled with the water hitting his face, but he seemed to enjoy the boat ride portion of the tour.
IMG_3138 IMG_3139 IMG_3142

After the Maid of the Mist, we headed to the Cave of the Winds.  For some reason, Jace loved his yellow poncho.  His hands didn’t reach to the ends of the sleeves, so he would wave his hand back and forth and it would make a loud, rustling noise.  He thought this was hilarious.  I have a lot of pictures of Jace playing with the poncho.  The attraction was a hit before we even got near the falls!
IMG_3160 (2) IMG_3160 (3) IMG_3160 (4) IMG_3160 (5)

Eventually, we did check out the boardwalk.  As before, Jace wasn’t crazy about the water blasting him in the face, but he didn’t cry or whimper at all.  He glanced at the falls a few times and spent the rest of our time there clinging tightly to Adam and me.IMG_3175 IMG_3176

We did brave the hurricane deck, though Adam and I took turns holding Jace so he didn’t have to experience the most intense portion.  At one point you get within 10 feet of the falls.  The water really knocks you around!  It was a hot day, so it was nice and refreshing!IMG_3195 IMG_3199

After the Cave of the Winds, Jace was ready for a nap.  He fell asleep in the car while we waited to cross back into Canada.  We decided to save our exploration of the Canadian side of the falls for a different day, so we drove back to our hotel.  We tried some Canadian food (Harvey’s and poutine), then headed to bed.

We spent today in Toronto.  We planned on seeing the 1:07pm Blue Jays game.  Jace was awake and cheerful.  The subway schedules worked out great.  We got decent tickets at a decent price.  And we lined up to head into the stadium.  Except the 1:07pm start time had been moved to a 4:07pm start time.  Sigh.  Soooooo, we walked around Toronto for a few hours.  We took a picture of Jace in front of a working phone booth (we figure it might be the only one he ever sees!) and then played at a park.  Jace used up a lot of energy climbing up and down some grassy stairs at an amphitheater.  And then, at 4:05pm, two minutes before game time, Jace fell asleep.  I have no idea how he can sleep through all the noise of a baseball game, but he can! 
IMG_3216 IMG_3220 IMG_3221

When he finally woke up, we headed to the Junior Jays Kid Zone to play some games.  We got our pictures taken, won a few prizes, and Jace got his first tattoo!IMG_3233 IMG_3245

Pretty good day, but the highlight was the subway ride home.  Jace was hilarious!  We rode one line for about 8 stops and then switched to another line for another 12 stops.  Jace was in a very social mood.  He was smiling, waving, and talking tons.  And he was fascinated by the subway stops.  Each time we approached a stop, Jace would yell – really loudly!  And then, when the doors would open, he would point at the doors and yell again.  Every. Single. Stop.  He had quite the audience by the time we made it to the 20th stop.  We got a few video clips, I think.  Once we’re home I’ll upload them and post them!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s