I can’t believe it’s already been a whole year. It’s definitely been eventful!
In the past year, Jace has….
* been on 18 airplanes (ranging from 45 minutes to 9.5 hours)
* been to over 75 doctor/weight/therapy appointments
* spent 14 nights in the NICU
* spent 56 nights in hotels
* been admitted to 3 hospitals
* gotten two teeth – the second one showed up last night!
* lived in 2 states
* been to (or through) 20 states
* met both co-creators of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
* ridden in/on a plane, car, ambulance, trolley, cable car, and boat
* touched the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans
* been in over 12,000 pictures!
For Jace’s birthday, we had a small party with some of his friends. We tried for a group photo, but it was a disaster. Three out of the five kids are crying in this picture and another is on the verge…. SIGH!
It was impressive how quickly ALL of the toys ended up on the floor. The cats were hugely popular and were very tolerant of all the “attention”. Several toys traveled through the kitty door and over/through the baby gates. There were very few tears – other than during the attempted group picture. By the time all of his friends left, Jace was exhausted! I know the picture is blurry, but there’s no way I was going to use a flash and risk waking him up!
Throwing a party is exhausting, apparently. I’m headed to bed in the hopes that Jace will sleep 2 hours uninterrupted again tonight (for the third night in a row!) and I can get 2 hours of sleep in a row too. Jace is so lucky to have so many people in his life who love him so much! More pictures – including all the “month” pictures – tomorrow!